Monday, October 26, 2009

Best. Weekend. Ever.... Part II

I somehow have fallen very behind in this blogging business. Perhaps it's because this summer and fall have FLOWN by, or maybe because my cherished camera (and key part of this blog) broke during our mini-moon, or maybe because I am overwhelmed by over 3000+ wedding photos and more from the last 2 months adventures! Regardless, I'm determined to catch up! So, perhaps by the time I catch up, my camera will be fixed and I'll have new up-to-date entries :)

So, back to telling the wedding day story....

If you know me, you know also that I am a crier. I am a blubbering fool. I get made fun of often for it by Brandon who will look over at me during a ridiculous made-for-TV movie and catch me tearing up. Well, on my wedding day I was determined to stay as tear-free as possible because I knew that if I allowed the waterworks to start early, I would regret it.

On the night before our wedding, Brandon slept at the hotel with his buddies and my girls -- Melissa, Jaime, Sus, Mish and Claudia -- all slept at my house with me. Sus, my former Coogee Beach roommate was the lucky lady that got to share my bed with me on my last night :) and hear my rambling half-awake thoughts about how much I loved her and all of my friends and family (again, standard Lauren).

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed and the sounds of my girls bustling throughout the house. And of course my Blue Bear staring at me with hopeful, somewhat worried, loving eyes, willing me awake. I woke up very calm and was determined to remain that way. I spent the first couple hours of the day alone... showered, tried to walk Blue Bear on the beautiful morning (but he was more concerned with making sure that the girl's didn't eat his breakfast), and wrote letters to my girlfriends and wrapped their gifts. The first sight of my mom peeking into my bedroom that morning was when the emotions began to rise inside of me.

The first "unperfect" of the day was a call I received at about 8:30 am saying that my hair stylist had called in sick. Pompadours responded very quickly and appropriately by having a very experienced second stylist come in for me, as well as comped me my day-of hair. Again, I think it was my erie level of calm that allowed me to keep my cool. I did not share this news with anyone that day to avoid discussion about a situation that was unchangeable. So, shortly after we all headed to Pompadours Salon in downtown Boulder for hair and make-up. My group took over the salon and we came equipped with bottles of champagne, OJ and snacks. Because I didn't have the stylist which I had practiced with, there was a moment of "uh oh" but I knew just who to call. Without hesitation Claudia was by my side telling my stylist exactly and clearly what to do and not to do to make it just how I want. Meanwhile, I began knocking back the champagne. Everything turned out perfect, my girls all looked gorgeous, and we had a blast with the stylists.

Sus & Dad carrying in the morning treats -- aka champagne!



Me & Mom getting beautified
My kick-ass hair piece made by LoBoheme

Me & my gorgeous sister and maid-of-honor, Sara

After finishing up, the girls and I headed back to the house to get dressed… another beauty of Boulder – we live just one mile (2 minutes) from downtown. We had plenty of time to take our time and enjoy getting ready.




I planned to have Barnaby with me in the dressing room, but honestly... my dress was not hard to put on as you can see. So my sister helped me in and I headed out purposefully barefoot because I had a surprise for one bridesmaid in particular :)

Claudia (aka obsessive shoe shopper and owner) had helped me search for the perfect shoe for the past couple months. But secretly I had found the *perfect* shoe on a blog and my sister somehow amazingly tracked down literally the very last shoe in it's color, and coincidentally in my size on Ebay UK. We paid much more for shipping than what the shoe cost -- but honestly, they were PERFECT!!! Here's Claudia's reaction...

I LOVE THESE SHOES! And could never have found them without my sister's help.


Even Blue Bear had a dress-up outfit. As Best Man, he needed to wear a yellow tie which I made from a young boy's clip-on set. Sara and I made a homemade tie-tack at the last minute to complete the ensemble. Look closely - it says "I heart B&L". He looked so dashing.


Oh, how I love my Bluey.

Meanwhile, the boys were at the hotel [hopefully] getting ready.




Take note of the size of my band... it's detail necessary for later in the story :)


I love him!!

And finally it was time… we were off to see each other for the first time! We had hired Katie to be Blue's "handler/walker". She works for a former high school classmate of mine - Val Ivan - and also was a Warhawk and Hokie herself... but many years after me. She was amazing, and I think the guys all had a little crush on her.

Blue was so good this entire weekend. He's excited to see what's next in the fun festivities

We definitely had a one-track mind... drinks! ... because we soon realized we were about to leave without the bouquets! :) Whoops! Priorities I guess.
ooooh! Flowers!!! haha -- thanks to Mom we remembered :)

Things got pretty fun in the girl's limo... Poor Barnaby had to put up with 7 girls with probably a *little* too much champagne and adrenaline.
I swiped Barnaby's camera... and the photographer soon became the subject.
I guess this is going to be more of a four-part story because it is way too late and again... time for bed.
Stay tuned for the best is yet to come! More "perfect unperfectness" and incredibly memorable moments.

No comments: