Saturday, April 17, 2010

Yes, I'm a slacker....

Wow - so it's been a while since my last post. And not because nothing has been going on - quite the opposite actually. Let's see... since Christmas....

1) We had a friend of ours (and one of my co-workers) - Buzz - live with us for about a month while he moved from California to Colorado. So much fun having him with us! and Blue Bear ADORES him :)

2) We celebrated New Year's Eve at our new friends' house Brian and Kim. Brian works with Brandon at Crocs and they both moved out here this past summer from Philadelphia. Buzz, Brandon and I brought the dance party as usual! :) Awesome fun.





3) We got to see our friends Melissa and Chris Gaffney for a hot second back around New Years while they were out here for a quick trip to Aspen with family friends. It was so fast it seemed like it didn't even happen. Picked them up at the airport at 11 pm and dropped them back off at about 6 am :( Miss them so much!


I definitely do not take the best picture at 6 am

4) We made tons of trips to the mountains to snowboard, and finally for the first time in something like 5 years I feel comfortable and confident and happy on my board. Would've been nice to know 5 years ago that my boots were supposed to be heatmolded to my feet! Oh well. Great times were had with our friends at Vail and Keystone. & 5) Visitors! My friend and counterpart from KPMG, Erin, came out to celebrate her birthday. I took her up for a girls weekend in Vail -- great time! She's always so much fun. And then she totally surprised us with awesome professional pics of Blue Bear and Boulder that she took while exploring during the snowstorm. Can't wait for her to come back out this summer to see Boulder not covered in snow! An old friend from DC kickball, Jen, also came out to check out Colorado as potential new digs in the next few years. We made a quick trip up to Breckenridge with the gang to help celebrate Doug R's birthday. Such a blast.

Trip to Ols' condo at Lake Dillon with the Ironman crew


Hanging out on the frozen lake


During a trip to Vail, we got to see the Feords!!!!

Here they come on the chairlift!

Can't believe we've been friends now for almost 20 years!

Me and Kristen at Vail


In Breckenridge for Doug R's birthday:

Kim & Brian

Probably Bon Jovi... :)

Doug R and his ladies

Girl's Weekend in Vail & Erin's Visit!


Keystone with Christi & Dwight...




6) Went to Bon Jovi with Sus! Free box seats and sushi dinner in Denver. What an awesome night!




Our view wasn't too shabby... :)

7) I took a full time job! Can you believe it??? So, after almost a full year of working hourly for Ironman, I was offered a full-time gig and decided to take it. My team rocks, we are busy non-stop, it's located right in Boulder just a couple miles from home, the travel isn't *too* much, and it's overall a interesting new field to be in while still incorporating my event-detail mind. This year, I'll be going to Oceanside, CA; St. George, UT; Orlando, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Kona, HI; Panama City Beach, FL; Tempe, AZ; and probably Ceour d'alene, ID. Oceanside's already done - and I'm SO happy I got to see Sara when I was out there, even if just for a few hours. We really need to see each other more often. Susan Colon also just happened to be in San Diego that weekend too!!! An extra plus to the trip! It was so awesome to catch up and spend time with her.
8) Our baby Blue Bear turned 10! We had a family celebration complete with some snacks from Farfel's and a brand new stuffed Hippo that he's been carrying around for months now.


9) We celebrated our year anniversary of arriving to Boulder with a happy hour at Tahona with friends - just like we did when we arrived.

10) We ran the Boulder 10K out at the Reservoir with Sus and Doug R. And Buzz ran the 1/2 marathon. Such a fun way to spend a Sunday, followed by a very fun day with good friends romping around Boulder. We lucked out big time with the weather. It was a little cold when we started, but by the time we watched Buzz finish, drank our free Boulder Beer and some hot chocolate and got home, it had begun to ice rain. PHEW! It would have been misery running on dirt paths near the water with that kind of weather.

11) We ran our first 1/2 marathon in Moab, UT! And of course, Brandon kicked butt with almost no training... It was such an amazing weekend. We stayed in a resort inside the canyon and so were cut off from all cell service. It was just so great to get away and just spend some quality time together. Moab is stunning!

My coach/friend Christi had gotten me a sweet, sweet airbrushed tee in Panama City Beach, FL last year. I bet she didn't think I'd ever have just the right occasion to wear it. Oh, but I did. and I plan to wear it in all of my upcoming races! and yes, my name is misspelled on purpose. :)

The day after the race, we toured Moab by car...


The view from our room!

We're not mature.

He, especially, is not mature.

12) Oh, and after the run a week later a pine comb took me out and I twisted my ankle and hit the sidewalk like a ton of bricks. Sorry... bloody, disgusting knee picture below. It freakin' hurt.

13) We celebrated my 32nd birthday with a BBQ bash! SO. MUCH. FUN. Lots of food, drinking, games as usual. And then things started getting crazy with the spiked Jello that Christi brought! I was finding it for days on the walls, the furniture, the floor. haha! And the pics are definitely blackmail worthy. It makes me SO happy that we've been able to find such fun friends out here in Colorado. And it meant the world to me that they came out to celebrate! Overall, a kick-ass night. :)... no pics to share of this!

.... and the BIGGEST news to come on Tuesday! Stay tuned :)

No comments: