Well, hard to believe, but the planning has already begun! I'm antsy to get a date on the calendar to ensure that my friends and family can make the trip to Boulder. I have the word "wedding" in quotations because it still seems strange to me to say that I'm planning a Wedding. I prefer to think of it instead as Brandon and my "Party".
It's tough to do this from afar, so mom and I booked last minute tickets yesterday and we're heading off VERY early in the morning to Colorado to start the search for a venue.
At this time, it seems as though venues are either very Colorado ranchy, very out-dated, or way too "wedding-y" for our taste. At this point I'm not sold on the idea of having an aisle, having a traditional ceremony, or any of the typical pieces that I have included in 50+ of my own weddings that I've planned. We've considered doing this in the mountains with an incredible view, but don't want to risk our guests having altitude problems.... thus not having the best times of their lives! :)
Just one week in and I've already begun hearing the word "shower" and it's freaking me out a bit. haha!
I'm beginning to think that Brandon and I are the ultimate anti-wedding couple. Eloping is not the answer because I definitely want to have my closest friends and family around when we say our vows... but we want to do this in the most non-standard wedding format that we can.
So... had better get packing because it's off to the airport at 3 a.m. Yikes!!!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment