In an effort to get control of our eating-out habit, Brandon and I have decided to make a rule for ourselves. If either of us suggests to the other the idea of eating out (even if just fast food), that person has to deposit $20 into our Honeymoon fund AND we still don't get to eat out. So far it's been working -- although we did take a break from this rule while we had Emily visiting :)
So, because of this we are already getting pretty tired of our standard meals --- taco kit, chicken with broccoli and mushrooms, can of tuna, ... yeah. Not too interesting.
We have decided to start another game. Each of us finds a recipe in one of our bazillion unused cookbooks that they want to taste... the other has to make it.
Meal 1 was made by Brandon for my 31st birthday... DELISH!!
So, because of this we are already getting pretty tired of our standard meals --- taco kit, chicken with broccoli and mushrooms, can of tuna, ... yeah. Not too interesting.
We have decided to start another game. Each of us finds a recipe in one of our bazillion unused cookbooks that they want to taste... the other has to make it.
Meal 1 was made by Brandon for my 31st birthday... DELISH!!
Course 2: Arugula Salad with Tomatoes, Avocado and Proscuitto
Course 3: Grilled Halibut with Mango Salsa and Grilled Vegetables... YUM!!! I LOVE HALIBUT
There really isn't much more attractive than a cute boy cooking dinner. Brandon really swept me off my feet with this meal :)
Meal 2 was tonight and made by me .... and I'm pretty darn proud of myself because I am SO not a cook.
Spicy Scallops with Vegetable-Rice Pilaf... and BOY was it spicy! :)

I couldn't resist... this is a side-by-side comparison with the William-Sonoma Cookbook picture!
Let me know if you want the recipes!!

1 comment:
I think you can cook for us when you are back in Virginia.
MOM
Post a Comment