Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Coogee Reunion

One HUGE advantage to traveling to Idaho for 17 days is that I had the chance to reunite with one of my former Coogee Australia friends! Grant and I (along with Sus, Emily and 4 other great friends) met and lived together in Coogee Beach - outside of Sydney - for two months in 2000. The group of us became really close while living in Oz and have continued to stay in touch in the years since. It's been about 4 years, though, since I've seen Grant. He used to live in San Diego, near my sister, making it pretty easy to have reunions.

So, yesterday, my boss Marc let me borrow a rental car and drive the hour-and-a-half from Coeur d'Alene, ID to Palouse, WA to see him and meet his new bride.

The drive was gorgeous! I tried my best to capture it while driving, but really couldn't do it justice. The green rolling hills were so beautiful!!

Grant & Jamie Presol
We had a great dinner and conversation a restaurant called Nectar in Moscow, ID (Grant's hometown and the closest town to Palouse). Palouse has only a population of 900, so not too many restaurant options. :)

It was fun to see Moscow finally since I've been hearing of it since our days on Basket Island, Maine because it was home to two of other visitors of the island.

No comments: