It was long hours and hard work on the road, but also a lot of fun with good people. We did manage to have some fun, along with all the work. I roomed with Christi - the girl I was shadowing - for the entire trip. We're a great match and had good times together. Not to mention, she's quite an athlete so kept me motivated to exercise and eat right throughout the entire trip. Actually LOST weight on this business travel -- that's definitely a first for me!
Before race day, we had one night out which started with a VIP pasta dinner, cruise on the lake, and then a night on the town with fellow workers. Here are a few pictures:
If you ever feel like you're lacking in motivation to get healthy, simply go watch an Ironman race!! Really incredible what these people have done. But honestly, watching those finishers come in in the last hours before midnight definitely had me saying "man! I could do this!" :) But truthfully... I don't think I have the commitment to the training in me. It's a major life change to train for one of these things.
Here are some pics of Ironman Race Day in Coeur d'Alene, ID:
They start 30 minutes before everyone else.
(I love my all access pass!) I was just a few feet away
Here's a video of the final finisher... sorry... you have to turn sideways to watch. Can't figure out how to turn videos coming from my camera :)
It was quite an experience and I did have a great time. More to come whether or not this becomes my full-time job!

1 comment:
It looks like you had a great experience, Those people must be a little crazy -- it makes my body to hurt even to think about it. MOM
Post a Comment