Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WE'VE GOT A HOUSE!!!!

I'm on top of the world right now! After a surprisingly easy search, but drawn on signing process, Brandon, Blue and I officially have a new home to live in in Boulder. Best part about it... it somehow managed to meet ALL of our requirements!!!

Brandon wanted a minimum of 1300 square feet, as we've grown very accustomed to living in much more than that. Blue Bear wanted a fenced in yard big enough so he could at least chase a frisbee. And I wanted to find a place walking distance to life (restaurants, shops, bars, etc), preferably downtown Boulder. I was so sure that we wouldn't find something that met all of our desires and was getting prepared to forgo my top priority of living close to downtown. Brandon had to listen to my worries and obsession about this for almost a year. So, when "real" searching began I put all my hopes on one house that seemed literally PERFECT on paper.

After having a really fun conversation with the landlord on the phone over a week before I was going to be out in Boulder, Sus offered to go over to see the house and to help buy time. Turns out the landlords LOVED Sus (not surprisingly) and is probably a reason for why they passed off other contenders and higher $$ offers!!

So, finally... here are pics of our first Boulder home..... 4 bedrooms (so you all had better come visit us!!!), 2100 square feet, BIG back yard for Blue Bear and even an extra work room for all of Brandon's tools. AND, just 1 mile straight up 13th from downtown, with a grocery store, little restaurants and a local pub all within 3 blocks! The floor plan is really tough to explain, so I drew it out for Brandon (who was deciding from afar)....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks PERFECT!! MOM