Dog-Sitting Kafka Pankonin
This weekend we have a visitor with us for all of the Memorial Day festivities. A friend from VA who is also a transplant in Denver, Alex, is heading home this weekend, so we have the pleasure of having a new member of the family for the weekend. She's absolutely adorable and I think Blue Bear is a little smitten.... meet 4.5 year old, Chocolate Lab -- Kafka! So sweet. She likes to cuddle at night with us too, which is so cute. They are getting along great.
Colorado Flowers
I have no idea what these are, but they are growing all over our backyard and are gorgeous!
A Possible Job for Lauren
So, as I mentioned before, I've been working for World Triathlon Corporation (Ironman) for the past couple months. Started as helping them organize their merchandise... literally folding t-shirts for hours on end at the storage unit. It was a great gig b/c of the people, the fact that I was outside, making some money and getting to hang out with an old friend. Well, these past couple weeks, they've had me in the office photographing merchandise and photo editing. Then, this week they asked me to travel for 2 weeks with them to the two Idaho events in June to see if I like the job and would want become a permanent employee! So... I'm going to Boise and Ceour D'Alene in mid-June. I'm excited for the experience and the possibilities and to see Idaho which I've heard is stunning. I'm also excited b/c I'm going to be able to meet up with one of my roommates from Australia that lives in Idaho.
One of the best perks of this job is that Blue can come to the office with me!!! While most everyone in the company was in Florida for a race, they allowed me to bring him in for a day. He was so good... a little stressed, but relaxed towards the second half of the day. So cute.

The View from my temporary office!
Life in Boulder
Things are still so great here. I haven't been taking too many pictures, but here are a few...
A bike race just 4 blocks from our house
A weekly BBQ is quickly becoming a regular thing.... these 4 all went to high school with me!
Doug C, Me, Andrew, Reebs
This is a little scary.... Mountain Lion warning just a few blocks from our house! Tells you to not back off and fight back!!! aaah!A Little Volunteer Work
Sus' company is very involved in the development of the Valmont Bike Park - a huge park for mountain bikers, with a dog park, a tricycle park and more. She and I, Doug and Andrew all volunteered our time a couple Saturday's ago to clean up the area to prep for development.





No comments:
Post a Comment